Friday, March 13, 2009

Roll Your Own.

This past Friday was the second round of roller races at the Allentown BrewWorks. Pitchers of beer were six bucks, attendance was very good, and the races were hard-fought. A dude even fell off during the first round. Exciting.



Ten laps to the mile. The rollers and dial set-up are property of the Lehigh Wheelmen, and date from the 1930s.




Speaking of old bike stuff, here's my ride:



My bike isn't a great fit for me, and the front end is whippy. It's definitely not light; 20 pounds without bottles, pump, or saddlebag. I've ridden it through three years, a bunch of races, and a bunch of crashes (two of which got me a ride in an ambulance). But for all the times and ways it has come up short, there have been all that many times and more when it has impressed me with it's toughness and sheer refusal to die. Cheers, bike. To many more miles in 2009.

At least until I can get one of these: http://gaulzetticicli.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment